Nic, Bupkis and Nichevo

About Nothing, by Nothing, with German-flavored cleavage occasionally thrown in for local color.

Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana

You can email me at NicBupkusNichevo at aol dot com. Aren't you excited?

Monday, January 24, 2005

Secretary Powell's Farewell

Every day for the past four years, I have seen you do the hard work of freedom, here in Washington and out on freedom's frontlines across the globe. The lists of honored dead on the memorial plaques in the State Department lobby have grown longer on my watch. Like my predecessors before me, I have had the sad duty of comforting the loved ones of fallen colleagues. I will never truly be able to convey to each of you just how honored I feel to have served as your Secretary.

Posted in its entirety over at Daily Demarche.

I have always found General Secretary Powell to be a man of erudition, grace, and quiet determination. It is not nor has it ever been in his nature or training to publicly air dirty laundry, and he's taken a great deal of criticism for that (as has Ms. Rice, but not any of the white members of the cabinet, hrmmm). I firmly believe it's damn unfair, and I hope that those who snipe at Powell are around in a few years when his reputation is redeemed.

Fair Winds and Following Seas, sir! AIRBORNE!

Er.

Yeah. Old habits die hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home