Nic, Bupkis and Nichevo

About Nothing, by Nothing, with German-flavored cleavage occasionally thrown in for local color.

Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana

You can email me at NicBupkusNichevo at aol dot com. Aren't you excited?

Monday, February 21, 2005

Hideous weekend...

Sandra Dee, Dan O'Herlihy, Hunter S. Thompson, John Raitt, Sammi Smith...

If the Rule of Three is to be followed, we "need" one more. I'd really prefer this weekend not get any worse, thanks.

In other news, my utter inability to sleep more than a couple of hours at a time continues unabated. Nothing much is getting accomplished because my concentration is so shot. I try to get caught up on my reading, my stitching, my sewing, but my attention wanders after a few minutes. I tried taking melatonin on Firday and Saturday nights, thinking that if they really knocked me out it'd be for mornings that I wouldn't have to crawl out of bed to an alarm. No such luck, of course. I'm reasonably sure that part of it is an ongoing bout with deep depression over my other complete failure: finding a permanent job. I found out that I can get a month's worth of my Prozac for $32 or so (at 20 mg a day - though withought the mood stabilizer for the borderline personality disorder I'd likely need to go to 40 mg to keep me zonked). The trick, of course, is finding - and affording - a GP who will cut a scrip based on my word and not caring that I'm not in counselling.

Takový je život; život je pes, á jsem hydrant.

The cats are doing well. Magic is as Velcro as ever, and takes it very personally when I close the bedroom door at night to keep him from his nocturnal rounds across my pillows. Elvis is Elvis, and continues to get *very* upset when I won't immediately jump up from the computer chair to go over to the easy chair so he can sit beside me and snuggle. Elvis isn't a lap cat; he's a nex-to-your-lap cat. Considering his girth, that's probably a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home