Nic, Bupkis and Nichevo

About Nothing, by Nothing, with German-flavored cleavage occasionally thrown in for local color.

Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana

You can email me at NicBupkusNichevo at aol dot com. Aren't you excited?

Monday, March 07, 2005

More from Senator Robert "How Did Those Holes Get In My Pillowcases?" Byrd

Glenn Reynolds over at Instapundit points to two things: Byrd's "column" at the Washington Post, and an excellent rebuttal from Brendan Nyhan of Duke. Nyhan whomps on Byrd far more precisely and intelligently than I ever could, so I won't even make the attempt. It saddens me, though, to see Byrd in the Senate, fighting for a style of government that has gone the way of the dodo. Byrd represents the last of the smoke-filled-room politicians, people like Tip O'Neill and Sam Rayburn, who thought that a handshake in a back room was what everything came down to. I know Byrd gets blasted quite a bit for all of the money and projects he brings home to WV, but that's the one thing I cannot fault him for; that's his job, and he does that part of it admirably.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home